What to Expect
At New Leaf, we see our new patients for the first time over a two-day process. Dr. Baker wants to be extremely thorough.Your first visit will take 60-90 minutes and will include:
- A sit-down consultation with Dr. Baker to connect with you and listen to your concerns, needs, and aspirations for your health. We ask that you provide information about improving your life and the experiences that have contributed to where you are at this moment.
- A surface/noninvasive EMG, or nerve scan, will give us a look inside your body and see how you function and what your stress level is.
- A thorough orthopedic and neurological exam will be done to assess your posture, movements, and limitations you may have. Plan to spend about 60 minutes to allow ample time for us to be thorough and connect with you.
- We can do phone consultations with mothers to discuss your child’s health. This will save time when you come in for the second day to do the adjustment.
Dr. Baker will review your information, findings, and scan to determine if you are a good candidate for chiropractic.Your second visit will take 30-45 minutes and will include:
- A comprehensive review of your nerve scan findings and an opportunity to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your care and/or results.
- A discussion of the number of visits recommended for your corrective care plan.
- A review of your payment options and time for you to decide if you want to proceed with the plan.
- Your FIRST adjustment and the beginning of turning over your New Leaf towards optimal wellness.
Your First Visit
Upon entering our office, our receptionist will welcome you as a member of our family. We will request that you complete our patient forms located in the New Patient Center. This paperwork provides us with your health history and information on your condition.
Next, you will have a consultation with Dr. Lauren Baker to discuss your health-related problems, concerns, and potential treatment options. This initial visit is designed for Dr. Lauren Baker to learn more about you, your condition, and expectations to determine how chiropractic care can meet your goals.
After your consultation, Dr. Lauren Baker will perform a complete chiropractic examination testing your reflexes and flexibility. Other standard neurological, orthopedic, postural, and physical tests will be performed as well. However, nothing will be done in our office without your consent.
Depending on your specific condition, we may take X-rays as well. X-rays help us develop the most effective treatment plan for you, and alert us of any serious spinal conditions. Most people are amazed once they see their X-rays up close. In some cases, they can even identify their misalignment and degeneration themselves.
Report of Finding
Once the information is collected and examinations are performed, Dr. Lauren Baker will give you a detailed report of all findings and answer any questions including:
- How can you help me?
- How often do I need to come in?
- What will my treatment cost?
At the conclusion of this initial appointment, you can choose to experience your first treatment. This may include spinal adjustments, physical therapy, and/or soft tissue massage. Treatment is interactive, so you can express concerns about the different styles of treatment anytime.
Prior to leaving, the doctor will suggest a wellness program to incorporate outside of treatment. If you are in pain when you first come into our office this may include: ice or heat application instructions, certain activities or positions to avoid, and at home exercises and/or stretches. If you desire, our wellness team will work with you also to create healthy habits and routines for your lifestyle. Every person is unique, therefore everyone requires a customized wellness plan. The purpose of our wellness program is for you to achieve good spinal alignment, have a healthy diet, exercise, and maintain a positive mental state.